Friday 20 July 2012

The End of an Era

 On Wednesday Ellie had her last day with Celia, our childminder. I know she's eleven and probably didn't need to go anymore, but it was easy on the day I have staff meetings and Celia lives in the house next to the school. Ellie loves going to Celia's. Celia has been Ellie's second mum. I am afraid I got all emotional and cried. Ellie laughed at me!
And yesterday was her last day at Pilton Bluecoat. She went through the signing-the-t-shirt ritual. For the last twelve years one of my children has been coming to school with me. Next year will be very strange. I cried again. Also because Rob left. He's been at school for 22 years and was the last remaining teacher who was there when I started 20 years ago. It won't ever be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment