Tuesday 17 May 2011

Prague

On Saturday afternoon I flew to Prague to visit my friend Sarka. She'd promised to show me round after I met her in London in March. The weather was beautiful and sunny on Saturday, but Sunday dawned cold and cloudy. We didn't let it deter us though and set off early to see the sights. Sarka showed me the famous squares and streets of the Czech capital city. The one above is famous for its clock. But I have no idea how to pronounce the name so I won't even try to write it down.
This is me on the Charles Bridge (I suspect I may even have spelt that wrong - I do appologise!)
And this is us drinking Czech dark beer. It was very nice, like a cross between Guiness and Bitter. It wasn't our only drink of the trip. We also had a warming mulled wine just before lunch on the Sunday.This is the view over Prague from the castle. The castle is perched on top of a very high hill on the other side of the river from the main shops. The walk was worth it, my camera does not do the view justice, but my legs are still aching now. I can't believe I can do two weeks in Disney and one big hill in Prague finished me off!
Once we'd seen all the sights we did some shopping. I had a lovely time and it was nice to catch up with Sarka and all that has been happening in her life. Hopefully we will meet again in December if we get the funding for our school project.

No comments:

Post a Comment